Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Friendships

I spent last weekend (Thursday through Sunday) down in Portland. I was to have been entered in the shows with my dogs, but somehow messed up the computer online entry. Thanks to my wonderful husband, I was able to go anyway and support my friends. Dena had torn her rotator cuff in her right shoulder. Makes it very hard to groom and handle dogs in a show...gave me a mission! In the meantime, I was reminded (partly because of the results of the shows) of the reason I stay involved in showing and trialing. That is the friendships I have developed. The network of support that we have developed is awesome. We laugh and cry and are serious and silly. Just what I need to keep the world in perspective. Without that, I might think it (being the world of shows and trials) is more than it really is. It is a hobby and nothing more. A hobby that I share with some TERRIFIC people!

2 comments:

jBO said...

FUN!!

jBO said...

PS, I am so glad that you have it!!